Thursday, December 23, 2010

Lesson Learned


Warning: Do not continue reading if you in any way, shape, or form like Orbitz or work for them. You may not be thrilled at the rant that follows…

            Ahhhh Orbitz!! Let’s just say they are not on my good list right now (and certainly shouldn’t be on Santa’s good list either, can anyone say naughty list??). I made it to the airport this afternoon and was quite excited about my little stops in Casablanca and Montreal because it meant I would be home for Christmas. But yet again, I was in for a surprise! Orbitz had never really changed over my ticket, so I wasn’t going anywhere! After standing in multiple lines, spending way too long on the phone and getting charged God knows what (do they have frequent caller ‘miles’ for international phone calls??), I was finally booked on yet another flight through British Airways. Thing is I now don’t leave until Christmas morning and still have to fly through Heathrow (fingers crossed they have figured out their ‘travel chaos’ situation), but will land in Chicago at 2 pm on Christmas Day! So good news is that I will (hopefully) make it home for Christmas, bad news is that Orbitz is horrible and wouldn’t pay for a hotel for the next two nights (but yet they don’t know the phone call that is coming when I come home demanding reimbursement haha) and I can’t imagine how many other people’s flights they managed to screw up.  I definitely learned my lesson on this one. I will never, ever use a third party site, especially Orbitz, again when booking a flight and I suggest everyone else does the same. As a friend told me, “Don’t let other people make your plans for you”. Sage advice for both travel arrangements and life in general!

            And since I’m not a bitter or angry person, Merry Christmas everyone (and that includes you too Orbitz)!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello KKelly,
    I'm Steve from Orbitz Customer Relations. When you can, please contact me at customerrelations@orbitz.com. We'd like to talk with you to find out what happened to your ticket. Thanks - and we wish you a Merry Christmas too! Steve/Orbitz Customer Relations

    ReplyDelete