Thursday, March 10, 2011

Robin Hood Men In Tights


            This past weekend was Carnival here in Spain, which is their version of Mardi Gras. I had never been in Spain to experience Carnival before, so I was very excited to partake in this festival, and it certainly didn’t let me down! Through a random twist of fate (and knowing people haha), Cait, Diane, and I ended up marching in the Carnival parade here in Logrono with Intermon Oxfam. The parade was on Saturday and it seemed to be extremely popular. The theme for our group was Robin Hood, so we got to spend the evening and night dressed as Robin Hood, and man did we look awesome! I have never been in a parade so was quite thrilled about that opportunity and it was hysterical. We waited around with the rest of the groups while they got everyone organized and I was handed a sign with our group name on it and thought nothing of it. When we were getting ready to line up, I was informed that since I had the sign with our name on it, I would be walking first and had to stay a full 10 meters in front of everyone else! Am I surprised this happened to me? Not one bit! I don’t know whether I should feel honored that since I was the only blonde in the group I was picked to lead the way, or if I should feel offended that since I was the only blonde in the group I didn’t fit in. Either way it was a ton of fun! The parade lasted about an hour and then the awards were announced at the end! After the parade we continued the Robin Hood theme out with everyone dressed for Carnival. Everyone, and I mean everyone, was dressed up and it was definitely a fun night and an experience I will never forget!
Robin Hoods before the parade!


Enjoying Carnival!

Leader of the pack.

Why yes, we are that cool.





No comments:

Post a Comment