Monday, April 4, 2011

Attack of the Killer Bugs!!


            If there’s one thing I hate more than slow walkers, it’s bugs, especially big, scary bugs! And of course I have been so wonderfully blessed with a piso that is home to these big and scary creatures; a breeding ground of sorts.  I woke up last Wednesday morning with the intent of taking a nice, relaxing shower, but  alas I had other things in store for me. I was quite surprised (and not in a wonderful way) and taken aback by the huge cockroach that was setting up camp in our shower! I stifled a scream so as not to wake my roommates and thought of a plan of attack. I figured I could just drown him, but I was sadly mistaken. This little bugger (pun intended, get it? get it??) was the Michael Phelps of the cockroach world. I blasted him with water for a good 4 minutes before he stopped fighting and flailing. He washed down the drain so I stepped in to take my shower, impressed with my bug fighting skills. I was not so lucky as to stifle a scream when he crawled back up the drain! I immediately jumped out of the shower, grabbed my towel, and ran into my room to find solace in my Rainbows as means of weapon. I returned to the bathroom with weapon in hand and since he was weak from his marathon of a swim, was easily killed by the impressive tactics of my shoe whomping skills. Seeing as I am not a fan of bugs, especially of this size, I was very impressed with the way I handled the situation and stayed cool, for the most part!
            However when I returned from a wonderful weekend in Portugal (more to come on that), and discovered that my roommate had encountered yet another cockroach roaming in the bathroom, I was not quite so impressed with our flat. I then discovered that the wall of my room that shares a wall with the bathroom was once again wet and starting to grow mold again. And that’s not the worst part! There were little bugs, gnats or something. I’m not exactly sure what kind they were since I am not a connoisseur of bugs, and never want to be, but regardless they were disgusting and everywhere on my wall! My landlady was in Barcelona for the weekend, so wasn’t much of a help, but I did buy ‘Raid Max Extreme Bug Killing Machine Spray’ and thoroughly fumigated our place today. So I’m hoping that between my newfound Terminator style bug killing skills and my landlady we can solve the problem. If my dream last night has any sort of truth to it (where I was THE bug terminator and went on a wild rampage), I will hopefully be bug free by the end of this week! Everyone just keep your fingers crossed please and thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment