Friday, December 3, 2010

An Expat Thanksgiving


I have officially become a part of the expat community over here in Spain as I had not only one, but two Thanksgivings last week. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday by far and also my favorite day of the year so I was bummed that I wasn’t going to be able to spend it at home with my family. Luckily I was able to share it with some friends here and had a fantastic time! Thursday I had to teach, which consisted of me throwing on some video clips and having the kids color, as I was not in the working mood. Then Thursday night we all went over to one of my friend’s house for a nice potluck thanksgiving meal! We had two turkeys (which were expensive, 50 Euros, but well worth it!), stuffing, green beans, rolls, macaroni and cheese, deviled eggs, lots of wine, and even homemade pumpkin pie! It was delicious and wonderful to be able to spend the night with friends! Then Friday morning I headed down to Segovia for the weekend where Friday night we proceeded to have yet another thanksgiving meal! This one had all the fixings as well, so by the end of the weekend my body was stuffed to its limit! As much as I missed being home for Thanksgiving this year, I had such a wonderful time celebrating it twice in Spain!


No comments:

Post a Comment