Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mi Piso


I am so excited that I was able to find a place… and so quickly! Luckily it only took me one day to find a place and I was able to move in last Monday. I’m living in a great location, on one of the major streets and very close to the center. I look out at a pedestrian area, which leads to the center of the city which means that it isn’t super loud. The place is older, but still in great condition! My landlady, Pilar, is a great woman and has already helped us out in so many ways. And the best part about my place is the price! I’m paying 160 euros a month for everything, which is unheard of back home (around $300 per month). I’m living with a two other girls my age, one of which is in the same program as me. Sadie is from Manchester and has the sweetest, most calming accent ever! I feel at ease when she is talking with me. She is doing my program as well and is teaching in a school in Logrono, so it’s nice that we both have a similar schedule and can help each other out with teaching advice. Nyota is from Brussels and speaks French, beautiful English and is learning Spanish now (aka I want to be her!). She is adorable as well and is an Erasmus student at the university here. We all get along great and I think it’s going to be a fabulous year!

Our living room!

Kitchen

My room!

No comments:

Post a Comment