Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Too Much "Teacher Voice"?!


            Perhaps that is what has caused me to lose my voice again.  It always amazes me that no matter how many precautions I take, I still lose my voice and will most likely lose my voice for some period of time for the rest of my life. This is something that I am not thrilled about especially since I enjoy talking so much! But maybe that is why I love talking so much, because I know that at any moment I could lose my voice and not be able to communicate. Before I had my vocal cord dysfunction I took for granted the ability to communicate with your own voice. I now know just how important that is. It is quite humorous, in a sense, because a couple of weeks ago I was listening to a TAL episode about communication and the importance of it and it really seemed to hit home with me. So as I sit here in my room, downing copious amounts of water and tea with honey and doing my vocal exercises, I once again am reminded of how important it really is to communicate with others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment