Thursday, September 2, 2010

2 Weeks and Counting...

         It’s hard to believe two weeks from now I will once again be packing up my life into one suitcase (yes one!) and traveling across the big pond to Spain! It seems like yesterday that I was still in Seville going through my CELTA class. It’s weird to think that I have been home in the States for almost 11 months, but yet have been back to Spain for a visit!
As I start to think of the long list of things I have to accomplish before I head over, I’m getting extremely excited but also nervous as well. Will I like the schools I’m teaching in? Will I be able to find a place and with roommates I like? Will I be able to communicate in Spanish as if I’ve never left? Will my English skills be up to par (let’s hope so)? And even though I’m nervous, it’s a good kind of nervous. Of course I will miss being home with my friends and family, but I am excited beyond belief to finally be going back “home”. Ever since my second day in Spain, I felt like I belonged and knew I had to find some way to get back. I have been lucky enough to not only go back once, but twice (and in two different cities and areas)!
 I will definitely miss the little things that come with living in the States, such as being able to call or text my friends whenever I want, taking Lucy to the dog park, being able to sit on the couch and watch trashy TV shows all night long, bake cookies and cupcakes (ovens are a rarity in Spain), but I am also excited about the little things about returning to Spain. I am excited once again to use public transportation as my main means of getting around, to go out for a quick drink with friends on a Tuesday night and have it turn into an all night affair complete with meeting new people, to “have” to take a regular siesta as well as three day weekends, and to not break the bank with 1 euro Cruzcampos when we go out.
These next two weeks are sure to be fun filled and emotional as I say goodbye to friends and family and say hello to new friends and family across the pond! I can’t wait for this new adventure to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment