Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hasta luego America!!

Well it's finally here. In t-minus 7 hours I will be starting my journey across the pond! I have been waiting for this day since last October when I came back and now that it's here, it doesn't seem real! It still hasn't hit me yet that this isn't just a week long vacation to London, but that this will be my life for the next 9 months! I have packed, and re-packed, and packed yet again, but am finally all set! Staying to not only the weight limit with my luggage, but the number of bags as well, has been difficult but luckily shipping stuff over is possible, so as soon as I find a place, my parents will be shipping over another suitcase. Thank god for that, because I don't think I would be able to live off of what I brought for an entire year!


All packed and ready to go!

I am very excited to make a stop off in London first to visit my aunt and uncle and do a bit of traveling. We have a fun little weekend getaway planned to Bath and Stonehenge, which will be great as I have never seen that area of England before! So now it's time to make sure I have any last minute stuff, take Lucy to the dog park one last time, and head to the airport! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly and I make it to London and then my final destination of Madrid (there's talks out there that authorities are going to strike in Spain causing all flights and transportation to be shut down September 29, of course the day I will be flying to Spain), so everyone keep fingers and toes crossed that I make it! Keep the emails, comments, facebook posts, twitter comments, etc coming! Next time I sign on, I'll be in Europe! Hasta luego America, hola Europa!

No comments:

Post a Comment