Saturday, November 13, 2010

"I've got the black lung pop, cough cough"


            Smoking is Spain is one of the most common things I have seen while in this country. The last two times I was in Spain I certainly noticed the smoking and had to deal with it, but I seem to have noticed it more in Logrono for some reason. Smoking is part of the culture here and when I was back after studying abroad in Valencia, sometimes smelling smoke would make me all nostalgic and bring me back to Spain.  However I did not see young children or pregnant women smoking in Sevilla or Valencia as I do in Logrono. One of the teachers at my school is 8 months pregnant and chain- smokes during recess; clearly not good. I have also seen 12 year olds smoking during their recess or while walking to school. Also coming back from going out you reek of smoke and have to air out your coat and purse and clothes. Just a little something I’ve noticed the past month and a half…

No comments:

Post a Comment